The Round the Worlds are a core and lock off exercise that can be done on any type of bar.
- Grab onto the bar like a you are doing a pull-up (palms away from you, not towards you)
- Pull up into a lock off position (arms should be close to making 90 degree angle) and move/spin around to place your lead hand on the other side of the bar.
- Stop your swing and bring the other hand around (you will be set up to do another pull-up)
- Repeat the motion as you go round and round the bar. You can change direction if you get dizzy.
- Add weight after you become proficient with your body weight by using a weight vest or hold a dumb bell with your feet to increase the resistance and core work.
- No more than once or twice a week of 2-3 reps of 10 with 360 degree rotations.
What if I cant do one of these?
- It would be possible to take weight off if you rigged a pulley in the middle of the bar to your waist and a few pounds. It might get all twisted up, but it would work.
- I would focus on climbing more before trying these specific movements and after a while this will be a way to add to your power/endurance.
Get outside and have an adventure!
piz : )
Thanks to my amazing sponsors: Arcteryx, CAMP-USA, SCARPA, Sterling Ropes, the AAC and WIndX-treme