Contact Piz at firstname.lastname@example.org for Motivational/Instructional/Entertaining Speaking Engagements, Climbing Instruction, Training and Periodization Programs
Until then… Get outside and have an adventure!
piz : )
Many people ask me how often do I train. Here are the facts.
- I am married and have two young boys under the age of 3.
- I have a full time job as a high school science teacher at an alternative high school.
- I am sponsored by 4 great companies which require time and energy throughout the year at events, trade shows and whatever.
- My second job is as the head trainer at the Grand Junction Climbing Center.
- My third job consists of working with clients around the U.S. on remote climbing training programs.
- My wife works and loves to run competitively.
- My forth job consists of public speaking engagements around the U.S.
- Most of my days start at 4:30 or 5am and end around 8pm before I have any “my” time.
- I circuit train on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 5am for 45 minutes
- I Treadwall once a week for about 1 hour.
- I use a fingerboard, a systems board and a campus board once a week on Thursdays all together for about an hour.
- If the weather permits I get one day a weekend.
- Occasionally, I get both days a weekend.
Total Time Committed to My Training Per Week
- 3.5 hours a week
Total Time Committed to Actual Climbing Per Week
- 1 hour if no outdoor climbing
- 1 hour plus whatever can be done with 1 day of outdoor climbing.
So, my work out time is very specific and very specialized to meet my climbing and strength needs. I don’t waste time just doing stuff for the sake of doing it. I look at where I am weak and what my current/future projects require and train to meet those needs. I write a plan and follow it and record my results. Training does not have to be all consuming but it does have to be focused and to the point.
With those few hours a week, I can maintain a high level of fitness and complete my projects in a reasonable amount of time. If I had more time to climb, I would complete them more quickly, but I really want to be the best husband and father that I can be, so it is all good!