I find that being successful at anything involves knowing and understanding the nuts and bolts that go into completing a task. For example, my latest route required a lot in order for me and my partner to be productive in a 2 day time frame. We needed the following:
- having the fixed lines in the proper places on the wall,
- having all the bolts and hangers preconnected at home,
- having a clear plan for our individual wall duties,
- having a clear goal for each day,
- enough food, rest, water and rest.
Next weekend when I get back on the new route, I will have to do the following things:
- bring 2 brooms/soft brushes for sweeping out the hueco’s,
- hammer some more loose rock on pitch 3,
- hand drill 2 more bolts,
- bring an additional static line,
- move ropes to a new line after completing the first one.
Moral of the story, make a plan and stick with it!