2019 is about to get a little bit busier for me, but in a good way and for a great reason.
I am going to exercise outside everyday of the year.
I want to do this so that I can improve my overall fitness and health, but also inspire others to spend time away from their phones, laptops and tv’s. Recent studies have shown that the time spent per day on technology is increasing to absurd amounts for the average american.
As a high school teacher, I witness the loss of the connection with the outdoors on a daily basis. Students come to school everyday and anchor in on their personal devices and don’t ever come out, not even for a fire drill. We as a species are losing our greatest connection with the earth and that is the outdoors. The only way to get it back is to create a new habit of exercising outside everyday, rain or shine, hot or cold.
My expectations are simple:
- I will run/ski/hike outside at least 1 mile everyday of the year.
- I will record my journey on my blog once a week, so that others may know my progress. robpizem.com
- I will encourage as many people to join me in moving outside 365.
My goals are simple:
- Spend time exercising outside every day of the year.
- Inspire others to make a habit of being outside.
Please join me in getting others outside by making this your goal for 2019 and by also using the hashtag #moveoutside365 to let others know about it.